Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

who doesn't love an artichoke

When I was little, any time my mom cooked artichokes for dinner, she cooked one for her and my dad and one for me, Ty and Chels. This meant war. Who-could-eat-faster war. We would all eat as many leaves as we could, all the while complaining in between bites "Tyler, your eating more than me!" or "SLOW DOWN," while you were speeding your intake up. When it came down to the heart, the best part, I would always hope they would forget about it and I would get the whole heart. This rarely happened.
But now that I am all grown-up and the head-chef, head-grocery shopper, I bought me and my husband TWO. ONE EACH. It was really exciting.

How to bake an artichoke:
Set oven to 425.


Cut off stem, the top, and then trim the leaves.


Set artichoke on foil and dab it with olive oil where you place it. Put garlic in the middle of the artichoke, top with olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.



Wrap the foil around.



Set in a baking dish.
Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment