Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

day tres

Sorry, yes I am doing this day by day. It might be boring to you, but this here blog is a journal for me since I suck at keeping a journal. So this is for my memory.
For lunch we found a little "hip" place. Kevin said it reminded him of Ecuador. All the places he ate for lunch were just like it: LOUD music videos and/or soccer on the TV's. He loves it when these mission memories come back to him.

They had the best chips everywhere we went. We didn't dare touch the salsa that came with them, they were all incredibly spicy. They always would bring out a chipolte-mayonnaise with the chips, which we wouldn't touch either. Pretty sure mayonnaise needs to be kept cold, but it rarely was. In Belize, Kevin and his buddy ate some of this with their chips and ended up almost dying (or so they say) from food poisoning.
Kevin had an awesome shrimp ceviche "ceviche de camaron"
I had a shrimp taco. And yes I only got two shrimp. But they were good!
I loved noticing all the cultural differences here. When you go out to eat you always have to ask for the check at the end. It is considered very rude to give you your check when you are finished if you didn't ask for it. We would forget to do this so we would end up hanging out for a bit and then realize we needed to ask for the check.
When I serve, If I don't give them their check right when they are done, that would be considered rude.
Kevin looooved this beetle. For some reason they didn't think it was quite small enough so they shortened it. If we live in Mexico, this would be our car. Which might happen...kidding. Well Im kidding. Kevin found that they have no kite boarding schools there, but he saw the locals out kite boarding. He said we should start a little kite boarding rental and training bungalow. He said he was "20% serious." I told him no. I can stand the heat and humidity for a week, but I DEFINITELY could not live there. My hair does not like Mexico.
For a treat after lunch, we went and got a MAGNUM. Kevin said these were a treat on his mission. Whenever they had a bad day, him and his fat companion would go and buy a Magnum. They were $1, which was quite costly to them. But he said it was totally worth it. I got one covered in almonds...mmm it was good.

The cauliflower soup in the back was Ecuadorian. They eat a lot of cauliflower there. Its so fun to see all of the comparisons between Mexico and Ecuador. All this food brings back memories of mission stories I love to listen too.
We had chinese rice with shrimp for dinner. Can you tell that we loved shrimp this trip?
Creme brulee for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment