Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

star wars education week


So husband reeeeallly, reeeealllly likes Star Wars. I mean really likes Star wars. When he was little, his parents recorded Star Wars on a VHS tape. Him and his siblings watched it over, and over, and over again. He says it was his babysitter.
He has tried a few times to get me to watch it. But I have a tendency of falling asleep during movies. So I would fall asleep, and he would get really, really angry. "You don't have any respect for Star Wars" he would say.
So I finally talked him into letting me watch it again; and told him I would dedicate the week to it. I called it Star Wars Education Week. He approved and so it started.

Why education week? Well after marrying husband, I clearly needed to gain respect for the movie. But more importantly, I needed to understand the movie. I may or may not of said in the theater at SW Episode lll, "What? HEEEE is Darth Vader!!!!!!?????" a little too loudly. My family will never let that down. I honestly had no idea. Who would have thought that good, little Anakin would turn into the villain?

And even more recently, while re-watching this same movie, did I realize that Anakin was the father of the twins. And these twins were Luke and Leia (I always thought Padme was Princess Leia). And when I learned this, it all became clear:

"LUKE, I AM YOUR FATHER" - Darth Vader
He truly was Lukes father.
Wow. Everything is falling into place now.

And so now you understand why, clearly, I need this week.

2 comments:

  1. Ok this is so funny. I also know nothing about star wars so at jacob's family dinners I never know what is going on because half of the conversation is spoken in star wars references. We had a "force our wives to watch star wars" dinner bbq last summer with a few friends (some diehard) and i fell asleep! jacob will not let me try again. yet. haha. maybe i should propose my own education week. i did however make a cake which i was planning on posting today of all days which is star wars themed. holy long comment sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sarah that is hilarious! haha I love that his family talks in star wars references hahaha oh our husbands are such geeks! I think you should propose an education week...it might just open him up to letting you watch it again. who knew star wars was such a big deal???
    and I am so excited to see your star wars cake!

    ReplyDelete