Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I can't believe I am sharing this with you


me and my baby #2

So I have a baby #1 and a baby #2. This post is about my baby #2. I loooove my baby #2; most would say too much for being a grown 22 (almost 23) year old girl (I hate saying woman). What is my baby #2 you ask?

It is my baby blanket.

I have had my baby blanket, well, since I was a baby. My Grandma Moser made it for me. I am sure that she never thought it would still be in my life at age 22. It has been through a lot. I have slept with it almost every night of my life. And I sleep with it the same way every night; on my pillow under my head. I could honestly not tell you what exactly it used to look like. There were dinosaurs on it I think. My grandma said it used to be pink.

When holes started appearing, and the fluff in the middle started coming out, that was when my mom recommended me throwing it away. Oh no, I would not have it; I wanted it to be re-covered. So we re-covered it in a pink fabric with stars and moons on it. When the pattern and colors again faded and the holes re-appeared; It was time to cover it again. So me and my mom went and picked out some new fabric and re-covered it. After the re-covering process, I am not a happy girl. The fabric is ruff and hard, nothing like my old baby blanket hiding in the middle of it. So my mom would have to wash, re-wash, and re-wash some more to make it more acceptable for me.

So how on earth did I keep this blanket when I got married you ask? I was actually really nervous about this. I kind of just accepted the fact that it would have to be either A. thrown away or B. stashed away. This was, until I met Kevin. I never told any of my boyfriends before of my "blanket." But for some reason, I told Kevin. And you know what he told me...he's going to kill me...that he actually had one too. I could not believe it. All I could think was that he was perfect for me. So, he let me keep it, and to this day I sleep with it ever night. It is glorious.

Another story for another day is why it is called my baby #2. It was dubbed that only recently.
And my baby #1 is, duh, my hubby.

1 comment:

  1. This was one of my favorite discoveries about you and I when I knew you were made for each other!!

    ReplyDelete