Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

our valentines

Last week I got to go up with Kev, Mitchell, and Mark to watch them ski race the Masters at Park City. I looooove watching Kevin race. I never really get to see him truly ski, since whenever he skis with me, its very low key. Well this race was going to be a good one, since Mitchell is now back. He was 12th in the nation before his mission. So you can imagine how badly Kevin wants to beat his little brother. So for this race, they gave each other handicaps, and put $100 on the table for the winner. Mitchell ended up getting 1st in the races and Kevin got 3rd. I told Mitchell to go back on his mission (I was kidding....). They then tallied up their handicaps, and Kevin ended up winning the $100! Surprisingly, Kevin alloted this money for Valentines Day.
So the day after Valentines (we both had to work that night), we went skiing at Solitude, then decided to stay downtown in a hotel and enjoy a yummy dinner. We both looove staying in hotels. We love the hotel TV (we don't have cable at our house), I love to make the complimentary coffee just for the smell, and I love to go get ice out of the ice machine...oh the list could go on; lets just say I always use all the amenities being provided for me. We even used the hot tub which had a beautiful view of temple square. We had it to ourselves for a while until two guys with their big gulps barged in on the too-small hot tub. They were clearly not LDS but thoroughly enjoyed the view of the temple. When they looked out the window one guy said "Hey look, theres the temple right there!" And the other guy replied (with his hillbilly accent) "Well, no Shiiiiit, it is right there! Thats really pretty!"
This was our view from our hotel room of temple square and the capitol.

brown-bagged our lunch. have you ever had the basil pesto and roasted tomato basil pesto from pirate o's? it completes a turkey sandwich. it makes the best sandwiches ever.
kevin making a business call. first night and day away from his business. a lot of calls were made.

For dinner we were planning on going to The Copper Onion. I have heard it is really good, but so had a lot of other people. The wait was far too long for us so we ended up going to Macaroni Grill. But since my mind was set on having a good juicy steak from the Copper Onion, Macaroni Grill's fish did not satisfy. And the presentation was horrible. And yes, I am a food snob now. I blame it all on working in the "fine dining" business.
This Valentines ended up being so much better than last years. That day was spent with food poisoning, and not enjoying the company of the toilet all day.

and here is kevin showing his skills

and me showing my skills. kevin tried to catch up to me...but failed. Who's the pro-skier now?..
ha and the tuck at the end...oh dear...

1 comment:

  1. i like this post! i am a food snob too. and... i like that you quoted that guy! funny!

    ReplyDelete