Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

a graduation gift, booked

For all who don't know, I graduate after this semester! Its crazy to think about, so lets not think about it right now. But lets do think what me and Kevin are going to do to celebrate...
So we had to decide whether we wanted to go back on our dream vacation to celebrate this joyish occasion, or have a baby.

We chose vacation.

I mean it is far cheaper, and so much more selfish!
But don't you all worry out there, one day we will start a family. One day we want little mini-mal's and mini-kev's running around. That time is just not yet.

It is vacation time.

So what is our dream vacation you ask??? OUR HONEYMOON!!
Playa Del Carmen, Mexico.
Mahekal Beach Resort.


We have wanted to go back the moment we left. This place is beyond beautiful. The resort is amazing. The beach is pristine. And the best snorkeling I have ever done, and I think ever can do, is right outside our bungalow. The food is to die for as well. They feed you breakfast and dinner and they feed you right. It was the best food I had ever had. Just think: mexican pastries, the freshest mango you have ever tasted, freshly squeeze cantaloup, orange, watermelon and passion fruit juice, and the best oatmeal I have had. And then the dinner...the dinner!! The best mexican food one night, with the best dang duck I have ever had another night. We always could not wait for those two meals.
For lunch we plan on hitting the town and finding the best shrimp cheviche spot again, and exploring new places.
We plan on getting plenty more pina coladas.
Hanging out in our private hammock.
Snorkeling every morning...and don't worry, we will be able to show how awesome it is when we get back due to Kev's sponsor GoPro.
Laying on the beach every day, all day.
Playing in the waves.
And just enjoy this time alone together.
It is going to be epic.
Second real honeymoon, here we come!

Now, I just have to get through my last semester. But... I am thinking this well help.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you guys chose vacation. If you have a baby, you won't like ours anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha shalane can we just have ellie as our own?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I'm so jealous! What a great graduation gift :) Congrats in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I didn't want to reply to you on my own blog and thought this post was a good one to say what I wanted anyways. We go on lots of mini trips, but you guys always have the awesomest ones like Mexico... It sounds like it will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete