Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

cookin' light


So I subscribed to the Cooking Light magazine and boy do I love it. They always have such yummy looking recipes, and also recipes that don't require an arm and a leg to make.
Tonight I made the:

Caramel Pork

1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into pieces
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
3 garlic cloves
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 T brown sugar
1 Tb soy sauce
1 t. ground fresh ginger ( I really like ginger so I did 1 Tb)
1/2 t. crushed red pepper (I omitted this; we don't like things spicy over here)
2 canned anchovy fillets, minced (I wanted bonus flavor, so I did 3. But I think you should try 4)
lime wedges (optional)

Heat skillet with cooking spray, add pork and saute for 5-6 min. Add 1/4 t. salt. Add onion and garlic, stir-fry for 2 min. Add broth and next 5 ingredients (through anchovy); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer 5 min, until sauce thickens.

Yummy dummy.
I served it with roasted potato wedges and a carrot slaw. It is pictured with rice and peas. Just couldn't get myself to make it. Peas are nasty. And mushy. No bueno.

Carrot Slaw

jullienne-cut carrots
2 Tb sesame oil
2 Tb rice vinegar
1 Tb soy sauce
2 t. honey
1/4 t. salt

mix all together and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment