Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

it was supposed to be a suprise

My sister and father planned a fun little surprise party for my moms big 50th birthday. We planned to go see a "movie" a.k.a dinner at Harvest at Thanksgiving Point the day before her big day with her brother and family for "FHE". Well they left it up to me to demand that we go get treats in the cute shops next to the theater (this is believable, I love me some treats). Well you all know from previous posts, I am horrible at surprises. Even when they told me what I had to do they said "Now don't go ruining the surprise Malorie" They knew what I was capable of. So I had to make it seem normal that we were going to go to the shops before the movie. So as we are all trying to act normal on the car ride there, I over-compensate. I start blabbering about anything I can think of. I don't want my mom to suspect anything. And at that point I am pretty sure she wouldn't suspect anything, but like I said before, I over-compensated. So I wait until right when we are pulling in and yell "I think we should grab something to eat before the movieeeeee!" All my mom said was "We don't have time for that," but my dad still pulled into the place. This was weird; I am sure she thought. At this point, I was supposed to text my sister and tell her that we were there, but in all the excitement, I forgot. So we walk up to the little shop and there is the restaurant right next to it. And right there in the window, in plain sight, is the private party room with all my family members looking around, waiting for the text. All I could think of was, Crap I ruined it, and, is that Grandpa and Aunt Katie I see? What a surprise! I didn't know they were coming... So of course my mom sees some of the family (especially her brothers hair which is unlike anyone else's and completely silver) and goes "Raaaaandy!" Surprise ruined. I had failed. So we walk in and my suprise crew were more surprised to see us, then us them, and they hurriedly yelled out a "uhhh Suprise!!!!" Followed quickly with a "Malorie!!!!!! you ruined it! you were supposed to text us!" This might be my last gig.

1 comment: