Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving: Part 2

Our second day was filled with fun fun fun!
The boys got up early so they could get plenty of razor hours in. While they were hurrying to get out the door my favorite Alta-ism was said.

Before I start this story I have to let it be known that Kevin teases Alta incessantly. And she knows this. Her dad was teasing her one day and she told him "Stop! Only Kevin teases me!"

So my little niece is three years old. Her size might fit her age, but her personality, the way she thinks, and the way she talks would make you think otherwise. Well this morning Kevin could not find his shoes. And he was getting frustrated. He had asked everyone. After about 8 minutes of searching Kevin decides to ask Alta:

"Alta, have you seen my shoes?"

"Yes."
"I hid them."

Kevin lets out a "Whaaaat..." And Alta jumps off her chair and retrieves his shoes behind a big plant pot.
She had hid them the night before.
And then she goes:

"I teased YOU!" as she hands him the shoes with a huge grin on her face.

We were all amazed with her trickery. How does a 3 year old know how to tease? How did she not give it away and laugh or giggle when Kevin was searching for his shoes? I mean I'm 23 years old and I would have started laughing at minute 2 of searching for the shoes if I had hid them. I applaud her.
After he left she kept saying "I teased him!" I guess she was sick of all his teasing and wanted to give him a dose of his own medicine. Well done my girl!

Now onto the playground. They have awesome playgrounds in St. George. This one was a spinners paradise. Or a worst nightmare for those who get motion sickness easily. We first let Alta play on the playground, but it wasn't long until we all started pushing kids out of are way for our turn.
Me and Alta both did way too much spinning and moving on all the toys. I started feeling nauseous on the swings and ended it right there. Alta kept going. She started looking a little nauseous and sick so we all decided to go home. It wasn't until we got home that she said "I probably shouldn't go there anymore."




Ha I love this picture. I am trying not to get sick. Alta is just loungin' in hers.



These were fun seeing how dizzy we could get ourselves after a long spin. Jumping out of one of these and trying to walk was a feat. We did it to Alta quite a bit, and then started to feel bad. But then we realized all the parents were doing it to their kids. Child abuse? Possibly. But it was so funny!





1 comment:

  1. I always look for your posts after a Brower family outing - cause you take way more pictures than Shalane! Thanks so much for the Alta story - Kevin got his!!

    ReplyDelete