Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

the chocolate factory

For a while now my mother, my sister and myself have been making and dipping chocolates for Christmas. It has become a tradition that I love. We, well really my mom, makes the cream centers (mint, lemon, lime, strawberry, raspberry, cherry, maple-pecan, coconut, peanut butter...the possibilities are endless here) and then we, me and my sister, dip them and make them look pretty. It usually takes a few days to do, especially now with two little nieces in the mix. We planned for last Friday as dipping day and set the whole day aside. Even with the whole day we barely finished them all. Since my mom is the Relief Society president we ended up having to take care of three additional kids due to the mom having to run to the hospital. A set of 5 month old twins and a 3 year old. Holy cow. We quickly put Hadley down for a nap, my dad watched Afton and my mom, myself and Chelsey looked after the candy-crazed three year old and the throwing up twins. I kid you not, just one twin threw up on me 4 times in a total of 20 minutes. Not cool. The twins also threw up on Chels. And the blankets. And the floor. I decided then I really do not want twins. Ever. Or a three year old who demands candy, juice and popcorn all at once. Kevin stopped by when all of this was happening and was glad he could only stay for a few minutes. He doesn't want twins either. Even though the twin girl could not take her eyes off or stop smiling at Kevin. That was the only cute part of this whole scenario.








We somehow managed to finish. And Chelsey loved her little Afton even more when all the kids left. She doesn't throw up. She's not a twin. She slept through the whole thing. Good girl.


After the chocolates were done, me and Chelsey went and saw Breaking Dawn with a bunch of her girlfriends. It was good. Everything I expected it to be; everything I expected it not to be. Kinda scary, lots of sexy, too much wolf talk. After all the sexy time, the girls next to me were like "Thats IT!!" Ha. Really? I thought. I barely made it through.

But I did love the preview for The Hunger Games. OH boy. It gives me chills every time I watch it. I have a thing for good previews you see. I love a good put-together preview. I love when the music matches the action and excitement; and I only have two previews that match this description:

1) Terminator Salvation



2) Hunger Games



Hunger Games rules. March 23rd can't come soon enough.

1 comment: