Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Tamale Pie


Tamale Pie

serves 5-6

Homemade corn bread dough (I used this recipe)
1 lb. ground beef
2 red peppers, diced (any color and amount would do)
1 onion, diced
can of corn
can of black beans
salsa (any amount to give it some liquid)
sour cream (a couple spoonfuls, again, to moisten it)
cheddar cheese, grated (however much you want)

Preheat oven to 400 F.
Make corn bread as recipe directs. I used this recipe. In a large sauté pan cook ground beef until cooked through. Add peppers and onion, sauté for 5 or so minutes. Add corn and beans. Remove from heat. Add salsa, sour cream and cheese. Mix well. Place mixture in baking pan and spread the corn bread dough out on top as well as you can.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the corn bread on top is done.

Via here.

2 comments:

  1. MMM! I tried tamale pie for my birthday last year but it didnt really work out. I am happy you posted this recipe I will give it another go. Tamales are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah this one was yummy! and I realized I even forgot the milk in the cornbread...and it still worked out! haha the cornbread just wasn't as fluffy as it should have been. I wont forget the milk next time.

    ReplyDelete