Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

don't be fooled by those gorillas

Introducing...Babies day out at the Hogle Zoo! Oh these babies were so excited. Alta is good at showing her excitement. Ellie...not so much. We have learned that the face you see in every picture is her content and "This is cool" or "I am having fun" or "I am happy" face. She is such a tease.





I loved this little guy. So cute.









I love elephants. Love them. When I was first at the U, I was majoring in Biology. I wanted to study elephants. I wanted to live on an elephant sanctuary and study how they communicated towards one another, how their families worked; all that good stuff. This was shot down after a year of Chemistry which would then be followed by many more. I had to take more Chemistry classes then Biology. NOT worth it. I decided to switch majors but I continued to take extra Biology courses. Hopefully one day I will be able to travel and see an elephant in the wild. One day.





The gorilla exhibit was probably our favorite of the day. For some reason I have never seen this big of a gorilla up close in my life.
He. Was. Big.
Me and Kevin quickly decided that running into a gorilla in the wild would probably be the scariest moment of our lives.
This was then solidified when the mucho gorilla got up, grabbed two plastic bins and started going crazy by throwing them at the window right in front of us and the girls. It was the exact fit of rage you would expect from such an animal. Everyone in the exhibit started to scream; kids even ran out of the exhibit (wusses). My and Kevin were in shock. I quickly surveyed the girls, thinking they would be terrified and screaming, but no, they were in shock too.
Ellie just kept pointing at him.
I will never again be fooled by movies such as Zookeeper (Jeremy...). Yes we watched this. Sadly. It was the only movie in red box.
This movie makes the gorilla look like the good guy. He was sweet and could talk. He was a friendly gorilla.
Do not let those filmmakers fool you! Gorillas are scary.
One of the signs around the exhibit told us that no known gorilla has ever been known to kill a human. Ha. Thats a load of crap. I just bet they haven't gotten that far before we shot it. I am sure they would have no problem killing one of us. No problem.


Yes. That face is scary. He kept staring at Ellie. He might have been thinking "Well thats a cute little human." But I am sure it was actually "Now SHE looks tasty!"



I was sucking on a yummy chocolate in this picture and forgot to smile, or rather couldn't smile. I would say the same about Ellie, but again, we know that is just her 'happy' face.



Alta's enthusiasm and many faces make up for the lack of Ellie's.

3 comments:

  1. kids look good on you........ :) also, WHERE are those boots from (yours)?? they are so dang cute and i am currently on the lookout for boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks emily!
    I got those boots last Christmas from Dillards. They are Lucky Brand I think... they were expensive..like $200 expensive but they were totally worth it! I wear them all the time. They stopped my search for brown leather boots that I was constantly on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously! the boot hunt needs to come to an end! it's worth it to get good leather boots.... and by good, i mean expensive! thanks! i'll have to look there!

    ReplyDelete