Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

recipe: stuffed peppers


Kevin really loved these! And BONUS...they were easy!

Stuffed Bell Peppers

4 green bell peppers
1-2 lbs lean ground beef
1/2 sweet onion, chopped
EVOO
1/2 cup uncooked jasmine* rice
1 can tomato soup
2 TB Worcestershire sauce
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t onion powder
salt and pepper (of course)
1 t Italian seasoning
Shredded cheese
Corn (optional, I added it for fun. FUN)

Cook the rice.
Preheat oven to 350.
In the EVOO, sauté the onions 3 minutes. Add ground beef and cook until browned. Add Italian seasoning to beef.
Cut tops off peppers. And bottom if they don't stand up on own.
Combine worcestershire, garlic & onion powder, salt & pepper with tomato soup.
Fill half full with beef, cover with sauce, corn, then cheese. Repeat.
Easy-peasy.

Bake for 35 min-60 minutes. My oven is retarded and makes its own rules. Really just bake until warm throughout and cheese on top is a nice golden brown.

*Ok am I the only one to recently discover jasmine rice? IT. IS. SO. GOOD. Geeze, I have been using regular rice for so long and have been constantly disappointed whenever I cook it. Well look no further Malorie! Jasmine rice is here. Always good. Always fluffy. Always flavorful. I am forever hooked.

1 comment:

  1. These look sooo good Mal! I love looking at the beautiful food you make :)

    ReplyDelete