Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

my husbands baby and all my doings

We haven't been up to much lately. Kevin has been working like ca-razy. His baby and business Snogression is planning on opening this weekend! This means 12-14 hour days for him. What does this mean for me? A lot of biking, swimming, TRX-ing, cooking, cleaning, reading, working and no Kevin time besides sleeping time. Who said having your own business would be fun??! Oh wait, no one.


This summer I started road biking, and fell in love. My mother-in-law, sister-in-law and I go early, and by early l mean 6:30 am! early, and bike 12-14 miles on the Porter Rockwell Trail. We started now doubling the trail and doing 24 miles. We are getting ready for a St. Geroge 60 mile race in October. I just barely bought some bike shorts with pads, so maybe I can now go over bumps without my brain feeling like its going to bounce out of my head. Hopefully it will make my bum feel better also, even though I think I might just have a callused butt now.

Late summer meant the outdoor pools weren't crazy busy, so I decided to do some swimming. It's been nice to get my swimming groove back. I swam for Skyline's swim team all three years of going there. Once I graduated I had had my share of swimming. Getting up at 5:30 every other morning, swimming for two hours, then yet again having another two hour practice after school every day deemed enough for me. Just now (5 years later) am I feeling like I can get some more swimming in. I even took Kevin with me once and taught him some skills.
"Ha!" he said to me when I told him we were going swimming; me teaching him, a professional athlete, who is good at everything. Laughable he thought. I just told him water is different and not being able to breath while you workout is a little different too.
And boy did I show him. I killed him. Especially in the kicking department. He looked like he wasn't even moving.
It was a humbling experience for him.

One thing I have learned from TRX strength training: My arms are weak. And I have a hard time conversing at 6:00 am.

Currently I am reading:

Fallen (A cheesy vampire-like book that keeps me entertained at work during the slow hours)

Sugar Nation (The hidden truth behind America's deadliest habit and the simple way to beat it!!!)



Currently I am painting:


Yup. Thats a paint by numbers. But you will probably notice like Kevin that I went for speed rather than 'painting within the lines'. I get so impatient.

Currently Cooking:

A lot of homemade bread with bromate-free flour. Because bromate is bad. I use King Arthur Bread Flour. Read this if you want to learn more.



And thats it.

1 comment:

  1. i heart you. and, i don't do well at 630 either. just today i was thinking that i probably run best that early in the morning because i am half asleep and don't realize how awful it is. haha jk! and, i am going to read sugar nation now! thanks!

    ReplyDelete