Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

baby tipton

Afton Grace Tipton
September 17, 2011
6 lbs 11 ounces










For my first niece, I wasn't able to be there for the birth. So I made it a goal to be there for baby #2.
It was a surprise last Saturday morning when my mom texted me " LABOR!! "
Not knowing what to expect I rushed up to the hospital. When I got to the Labor & Delivery floor I expected to walk in the doors with woman screaming, babies crying and nurses running around.
But it was the opposite. It was calm and quiet. My sister was the only one there.
When I got there, the RN nurse was predicting that Chelsey would have the baby around 7:00 pm that night. This was a bummer since I had work that night and would have to leave around 4:00.
Thirty minutes past and the doctor was getting concerned for the baby. Her heartbeat was dropping and taking a while to stabilize after every contraction. He told Chelsey that she would have to have a C-section just like her first, Hadley. He started the prep.
She did not want this. She really had been hoping for a V-back. She told the doctor she wanted to wait it out and see if the babies heartbeat got better. So with her determination and the help of the nurse, within 25 minutes of pushing and changing positions, the baby was ready! The nurse paged the doctor but another patient had just walked in and needed a quick delivery. So we had to wait 15 minutes for the doctor to come and deliver the baby. It was pretty exciting knowing the baby was going to be here in only minutes.
Afton Grace Tipton was then delivered within 3 minutes of the doctor walking in the door.
It was an amazing experience.
My sister did awesome and her determination to do what she knew was right for her and her baby was inspiring.
I got teary-eyed when I first laid eyes on Afton. It was a teary-eyed moment.

This whole experience made having a baby seem do-able. I think it was good for me to see an easy-going labor. Makes me still want to have a baby. I know not all labor and deliveries go this smoothly, but lets just say they do for my sake ok?

Afton we are so happy you made it! We all love you so much already.

4 comments:

  1. i got teary eyed just reading this! i cannot read a birth story WITHOUT getting teary eyed now... even if it's simple and short. i didn't know your sister was expecting again! how exciting! and, i love the name afton! so classy! congrats to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so, so cute. I love birth stories too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. doctor for fatty liver doctor for fatty liver doctor for fatty
    liver

    Here is my web blog ... treatment of steatosis

    ReplyDelete