Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

late night snack

My mom recently gave me some fresh tomatoes out of Farmer Mel's garden and some fresh basil out of hers. She then told me to make some open-face sandwiches. She even offered to give us cheese. My mom always spoils us.

These delights were my dad's signature dish when we were little. If my mom was gone one night and he was on dinner duty, he would make these.
Another dish of his: buttered noodles with parmesan sprinkled on top and canned stewed tomatoes.
These always went together. These were common dinners in the Moser household growing up.
And now they have resurfaced. We just might be having buttered noodles for dinner tonight Kevin.
Yumdeliyumptious.



Open-faced Sandwiches

bread
cheese
sliced tomatoes
salt & pepper
basil (optional)

Put the oven to Broil. Place the cheese on the bread and place on a slotted cookie sheet.
Watch carefully, it only takes a minute or so. Then place the sliced tomatoes on top, sprinkle with salt & pepper and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment