Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

its getting close!

Were coming onto just a week before our vacation! Weeee soooo exciiiited (hopefully you have heard that song...actually no, hopefully you haven't).
I now have only one more thing to check off my list before I graduate:

one oral test

and thats all! Holy cow.

So of course everyday I am looking up info and pictures on Playa del Carmen. And I just found out the coolest thing. It is home to the SECOND LARGEST barrier reef, next to the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. No wonder it was unreal snorkeling there. I am getting chills just thinking about it. We are going to try and snorkel it every morning since its literally right off our beach.
Some fun facts:
This reef is called the Belize Barrier Reef and is home to 500 species of fish and hundreds of invertebrate species.
Researchers say they have only researched 10% of the reef. They estimate that only 10% of the species have been discovered.
It runs on the coast of Cancun (through Playa del Carmen) all the way to Belize.
I hope to see lots of these:




And none of these. Pretty sure I would pee my swimsuit if I came upon this guy:

But I do want to see Kevin come upon one of these. He got extremely scared last time. I was laughing so hard I started choking and had to go up to breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment