Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

hurry! go to your local harmons!

me hugging, not holding up, hugging, the tower. we got creative.
oh look here we are at the famous gelato shop. look at the love in my eyes.

Ok, this stuff is goooood.
The summer I met Kevin, I went on a Mediterranean cruise with my family. It was the best vacation ever (even though my family will tell you otherwise and say that I was grumpy, moody and missing Kevin the whole time). Like every other girl, I had always dreamed of going to Italy. Everything was as beautiful and grand as I had expected....except for the food. I expected the best panini and pizza I had ever tasted. I was so wrong. It was all bland. Granted we only ate two meals (one in Rome, one in Florence), but still, such a disappointment. I am hoping we just went to the wrong places. But, there was one food item that we had in Florence that had aspired to my dreams. It was the gelato. Our cute tour guide took us to her favorite gelato shop; I was a bit skeptical because we had had gelato in a little town along the Amalfi coast that was only ok. I decided to opt for the pistaccio. And then I fell in love. When we go back to Florence, and I am hoping one day I will, I am finding that little shop and getting the bucket size of pistaccio gelato.

Well everyone, even though its not as good as eating it in Florence, I have found it. I have found the amazing pistachio gelato in the great state of Utah, in the great store of Harmons.
Talenti Gelato: Sicilian Pistaccio.
It is all-natural, and all-tasting. It is amazing. Kevin made me put it away so I wouldn't eat it all in one sitting.
Maybe you don't like pistaccio, well they have a bazillion flavors to satisfy everyone.
I have found my new favorite treat. for now.

5 comments:

  1. I am going right out and getting that. I love pistachio gelato too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent 3 weeks in Italy and tried all kinds of Gelato and my favorite is Pistachio too!!!! I will go to Italy with you for Gelato anytime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some of that Gelato in my freezer right now that I don't like :) you should come get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my do you really?! What flavor did you not like???

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Sicilian Pistaccio, you should come get it!!!!!! I only ate like 3 bites out of it!

    ReplyDelete