Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

streamers and binkys

I always have the best birthdays. My parents trained me from day one that my birthday was a BIG DEAL. Growing up, we usually were in Carlsbad, California with all of the extended family on and around my birthday. We would go to Disneyland, Legoland (for Tyler), the Carlsbad flower fields, get fresh strawberry shortcake, go outlet shopping, and of course eat at Harbor Fish. I just grew up thinking, heck, my whole extended family loves me so much they all come to California to be with me and celebrate with me. Well, as everyone grew up and times-a-changed, we slowly stopped doing this tradition (even though Kev took my two years ago to spoil me).
Now that we don't go to California, my parents have to make up for it (or so they think). So right when me and Kevin walk through the door Sunday on my birthday, I am greeted with "Suprise!" and my dad throwing streamers at me. And I get big hugs. And I see that streamers are wrapped around everywhere: the staircase, my birthday chair at the dinner table, and around the chandelier. I am so loved. There was even enough for me to make myself a birthday sash.
So we started the day with Monopoly. Remember my wish before? Well they agreed. I started with $3000 and never had to go to jail. Boy, did I whip their butts. It felt real good to finally win.
We then got to eat my birthday dinner. I had begged for some beef brisket. It was so darn good. And then we washed it down with the Costco All-American Chocolate Cake; the cake of my dreams. Tyler even wrote POOP out with my 23 candles. He's so nice!
Hadley watched me blow the candles out, and imitated me right after, but refused to blow once we put a lit candle in front of her face. She's learning though; last year she cried after I blew my candles out. And cried again when I re-lit and blew them out again. I am the best aunt ever.

I then got to open presents. I asked my mom to get me Aloha soy sauce (for the best chicken recipe ever), asian toppings, and she delivered! I even got real miso (paste) soup, bamboo sticks and a japanese key chain and money My dad picked out the card and laughed so hard after I read it. He thought it was hilarious. Let me read it to you:
Hey, Daughter!
You're on the move!
You're on the go!
You're always on the run!
Here's hoping that your day is filled with high-speed, fast-track fun!

haha it makes me laugh even now. My family has a thing for finding the most ridiculous cards ever.

I also got a garlic slicer and the best dressing holder/mixer ever. I have already used it and feel rich to have such a sophisticated kitchen tool.
Now on to my brother Ty. He got me finger lights: these are exactly what you expect them to be. You stick them on your finger and they light up. Thats it. And he only got me three.
He also got me a blow up latex lion balloon. This one was cool. Hadley loved it.
And then he got me two binkys. Yep, baby binkys. It was him hinting to us that we need to have a baby (or babies I guess) before he leaves on his mission. Hopefully I can find them again whenever we do have kids. He told me they were expensive.

We then got to hear my birth story:
I guess my older sister was slow-comming, so when my mom started having close contractions, my dad was in no rush. He thought he had plenty of time to stop at the Wendy's drive-thru because he was STARVING. Well, he didn't. I'm pretty sure my mom didn't let him get his already ordered food and yelled "TO THE HOSPITAL, NOW!" I arrived 45 minutes later. But I came out blue. I guess I choked on my own...poop.... Yeah yeah "Oh malorie, that explains a lot, that's why you are so special!" Yes, that IS why I am so special.



My husband got me the prettiest flowers AND a birthday card that made me all teary-eyed. This is a huge deal for him. This boy does not do flowers or cards. It was monumentous and the best birthday present ever.

I got to take the rest of the ginormous cake home. Nothing beats having 40 billion ready slices of the best chocolate cake ever in your freezer.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an amazing birthday!! and I totally know what you mean about winning monopoly. I never win. But one time we played at DJ's cabin--he had no idea what was comin! I beat him so bad!! and also, I have a baby/poop story too but I'm too scared to tell it on here. I'll have to tell you later. I knew we were alike but not to the extent we have a similar poop story haha

    ReplyDelete