Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

the best caesar dressing

Lately I have really liked to make my own dressings. I found this one all allrecipes.com and it is divine.

Caesar Dressing
(Servings 2)

1-2 minced anchovy filets (kevin likes more)
1 garlic clove (or to taste, I usually add more)
1/2 cup mayo
1/8 cup half and half
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 Tb lemon juice
1/2 Tb mustard
salt and pepper to taste

I then make my own croutons with whatever bread I have on hand:

cut the bread into cubes
spread evenly onto baking sheet
drizzle with EVOO
add garlic and salt
toss it all around to mix evenly
bake @ 400 for about 8 or so minutes, but keep your eye on it so they don't burn.
and you will want to make a lot of them because they are gooooood

now toss the dressing with some romaine lettuce, top with parmesan cheese and your warm croutons. walah! dinner is served.

2 comments:

  1. I love allrecipes.com! I used a balsamic dressing this week for their! I also love that you can change the serving size!!!
    I am going to try this recipe next week for sure!! Will Loves Caesar salads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah there serving thing makes it so easy! mmm yum balsamic dressing i will have to try it

    ReplyDelete