Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

I hope this lasts forever and our run-in with the law


oooohhh-ahhhh my cute little brother going to prom


Everyone thinks I am younger than I really am. Almost every day at work, I always get the "Are you old enough to serve?..." and I always like to ask them how old they think I am. I always get 14, 15, 16 years old. They are so surprised when they find out I am almost 23 and married. Just yesterday, the cooks little girl (7 years old) asked how old I was and guessed I was 15. She told me my pig tails made me look like a little girl.
Well today, my little brother had some time to spare before he went to his externship, so he decided to come hang out with the cool kids (me and the hubby). We decided to show him our typical friday afternoon: Lunch trip to Costco. We had him drive his cool orange (with a black racing stripe) mustang, because its cool. We showed him the glory of a $1.50 hot dog and drink. And then we showed him how to look at all the cameras, flat-screen T.V.'s and new 3.D. T.V.'s. I think he really enjoyed it.
On the drive home, we noticed a cop that had pulled another car on the opposite side of the road. Right when he saw Tyler's car, he pulled a U-turn, and followed us for quite a while. And then he decided to pull us over. Ugh I hate cops. So the cop walks up in his coply-manner and says he is the school police officer. He looks at Tyler and asks where he goes to school and how old he is. He looks in the back at me and demands the same. I tell him I go to the U and am 23. I am sure he just looked at my pig tails and my candy lei necklace I had sported from Tyler's back seat, and thought "liar". He then looks at Kevin. Kevin says that he has already graduated from the U and owns his own business (no...he didn't say that). The officer then goes "Well wow, I was sure all you were sluffin' school." He then asked what Tyler was doing and I (being the good big sister and all) chimed in and told him that Tyler was on his way to an externship of medical assisting and he was an awesome kid. Tyler pulled out his get-out-of-trouble-free pass and handed it to the cop. The cop asked who wrote it out. Tyler retorted "Umm ALTA DID..." in his very annoyed voice. It made me laugh. He hates cops and he hates the attention his car gets from them. They really do have a special eye on that car. After a second look from the cop to the lot of us, we were let go. It was a close one. Those school cops will get ya!

And Kevin wanted me to add that he went running with me this morning and that he is a very good husband for doing so.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment