Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mt. Hood, part 1

Kevin really wanted to go to Mt. Hood this summer to ski. I'm always up for an adventure so I told him lets do it! We invited Kevin's two younger brothers and Kevin's employee Peter. It was a total Dude trip, but I promised I wouldn't cramp their style and I'd also make them dinner every night.
They happily obliged.
This was how the schedule went every day: Boys would wake up at 8. They would eat cereal, come wake me up and then I would drive them up the canyon. I would drop them off and head back home. I would then go on a trail run up to Mirror Lake, or run around the campground. I would then wipe down with some baby wipes (the joy of camping) and get ready for the day. I would then read outside in the sun, get tired, and usually take a nap before the boys called me again around 2 to come pick them up. We would then eat lunch and then do whatever activity we wanted for the rest of the day. It was bliss for me, and bliss for the boys. We were a good team.
It went so well we decided this will be an annual tradition.
Who wants to come next year?
Right when we drove into Hood River, OR, we had to pull off and watch the kite boarders  for a while.   We were so excited to be in Oregon, it was beautiful.
Our little campsite.  My in-laws let us borrow this for the trip.  It was heaven!  It had a king sized bed, a queen sized bed, and then two other beds.  It also had plenty of storage, a sink and a stove.  It made camping 5 days easy-peasy.  
Our first view of Mt. Hood.
The boys would hang all their ski clothes out to dry every afternoon.
Our campsite was right by this beautiful creek.  The sound of it put us to sleep every night.


Since this creek was run-off from the glacier, it was freezing.  So it was a perfect cooler for our drinks, orange juice and milk.

The shower.  I did take a shower in this bad boy once.  It was cold!  But it felt so good and I even shaved my legs.    This was camping in style my friends.

2 comments:

  1. It looks so beautiful! Thanks for all of your work. Mark and I had a private Lake Powell trip while you were gone and I loved not worrying about Patrick having fun. Mit and Pat said how great the meals were! They also loved it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mal!! What a fun trip!! It looks like you had a blast! And yes, I would love to come next year on trail runs and read by the pretty stream with you. How fun!!! Also, while you're in Utah, you should teach me your ways. I love that you go on bike rides and trail runs and I want to too!! I just need your wisdom :) call me anytime and we can do something! Love your blog, love you. The end.

    ReplyDelete