Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

california. last day, sad day: Carlsbad Beach

We started today out by renting me a beyond-huge paddle board for the day.  I have been wanting to try out paddle boarding for a while now, so I was excited.  Trying to lift this board up for this picture made me a little nervous for how I was going to be able to get that thing past the breakers.  It was huge, heavy and huge.  Kevin helped me by going out with it first and testing it out.  So let me just say that Kevin is good at everything (well... I am a much better swimmer than him; I can dominate him in any swim race.  I'm just putting that out there).  So it was surprising to see him struggle with even staying on the paddle board.  Needless to say, I was pretty stoked when I went out on it and was way better at it.  So now I have got 1) cooking 2) swimming and 3) paddle boarding on him.  The list is getting longer!

It was kind of spooky being the only one that far past the breakers.  I just envisioned a great white shark swimming as fast as the speed of light towards me and taking a huge bite out of my board and probably taking my leg with it.  
This didn't really help much with my confidence at the beginning, but I just continued to say little "no sharks please" prayers while I was out there.
Some of the waves were huge and my family loved watching me take them on.  I would first, scream, and then either get down on my knees or just take it like a wo-man.  One big wave I didn't quite take it how I should and the paddle board paddle came right up to my eye.  So now I still have a big bruise there.  Battle wound.
But as scary as it was, I loved it.  It was relaxing and fun to be out there in the deep blue sea.  Im thinking that a real paddle board (we are not so sure that this one was a real paddle board, but for $35 for the whole day, we took it) that is lighter and provides more balance would make a world of difference.


The boys all rented wet suits.  The water was pretty chilly and they said these made all the difference.  They were boarding all day day long.



I don't think there is any better combination than beach and pizza.
If you are ever in Carlsbad, you must get pizza here.  This was the best pizza I have ever had in my life.  No exaggeration.  I still crave it.  Costco pizza does not compare even though I tried to make it on monday.


Afton was not feeling good.  But she was still such a good beach baby.


I love this picture.  Hadley and Grandpa; "Paki" or "Randy" as she likes to call him.

A cute sandy bum.

Here is just a picture from my O'NEILL photo shoot I did with model Kevin Brower.
We ended the day with dinner at Pick Up Stix.  Me and Kevin love to eat here any time were in California.  Its like a fast food PF Changs, but twice as good.  We then watched the last two episodes of Walking Dead.  We did it Ty! We finished before you left!

The next morning me and Kevin woke up at 5:00 am (the insanity!) and trekked back to UT for work.  Work ruins all our fun.

And here are the pictures from my iPhone:
big board hanging out the back.
i was excited!
we love hotel babies and hotel tv.
yummy, yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment