Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

work party


We had my work party last night. My boss invited EVERYONE (anyone and everyone who had worked at his two restaurants from the past 12 years) and their kids to dinner and a Jazz game. Dinner was at the restaurant Settebelos downtown. Anyone I told that we were going there replied with "Oh my Gawsh, that place is A-MA-ZING!" But that was not my reaction.

I think part of my problem with it is that I am just a fan of good old American style pizza. I like a lot of cheese and the thick, buttery crusts. When I want pizza, I am not thinking of 'health'. I am thinking of greasy, cheesy food. The pizza at Settebelos is supposed to be authentic Italian pizza. And it did remind me of the pizza we had in Italy exactly; thin crusts, few toppings, & light on the flavor. So I guess I will say that it is a great place to get 'healthy' pizza or a dose of Italy if your are Italian and homesick.


We then went to a Jazz game after dinner. We had not been to a Jazz game for a good few years. I of course got stuck right in front of the most obnoxious zoobie kid who thought it was hilarious to cheer for Portland after every shot and clap the most obnoxious loud clap right in my ear. I was this close to turning around and saying:

"Give it up kid, I know you go to BYU and your just trying to be rebellious but save it for later because for now, if you keep doing this, I will sock my husband on you and he will not be forgiving."

And then I would have added:

"P.S. buddy, your date is not impressed with your ability to yell and clap and be rebellious. She actually thinks your really annoying right now, as does everyone around you."

And I think that would have done it.

But of course I didn't say that because I hate confrontation, so we just ended up leaving early with headaches. We tried to be good sports. You ruined our fun kid.
But not really because we realized that we are home-bodies. We were just as happy coming home, popping popcorn and watching Top Gear (which I recommend) on Netflix. Why are the British so funny?

I also recommend Downton Abbey. I am in love with that show right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment