Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

life lately - according to the iPhone

I got glasses. I will only really need them for reading and driving at night, but I am supposed to wear them one week straight and I am not doing so well. Need to work on that.


Late night pizza date.


Date night to Pei Wei and dollar movie outing to Out of Time. We both really liked it. Parts reminded me of Hunger Games.


I made yummy cookies for my snowed-in Grandpa. He's been staying up in his cabin in Heber and wasn't ready for the one big snowfall that happened a few weeks ago. He called my mom and told her lightly he didn't really have any food other than canned stew. So me and Kevin decided to go on a rescue mission! What a great excuse to miss church on sunday (kidding...we went to Sacrament meeting) and take our snowmobiles up which had yet to see any action this season. We were so happy to see that once we got up there, we would have to ride our snowmobiles up to his cabin. We stuffed all sorts of food in backpacks and rode on up. Kevin built a fire to warm him up a bit (it was 46 degrees in his cabin when we got there) and we hung out with Grandpa for a while.



Kevin was so excited to get that machine of his out.


I made pillows! My MIL kindly offered me and my SIL sewing lessons since she is a Pro. So far I have learned a ton. I have really enjoyed the weekly lessons.




Kevin went to SIA (a ski show) in Denver over the weekend. It was a full three days sans husband. Not fun. You know whats not going to be any funner? When Kevin leaves for 10 DAYS. Heaven help me. SIA was very successful for him- he got invited by POWDER magazine to be one of the skiers for a big magazine article on "How to" skiing in Alaska. So he is going to Alaska. One of his dreams. I am sooo excited for him, but also extremely sad that he has to be gone for 10 days. I am also extremely scared and nervous about his safety but lets not think about that ok? A lot of people ask me how I handle being married to an extreme skier. Well that's the answer: I just don't think about it.


At SIA he saw spreads of himself all over his sponsor's booths.


He took a picture of a cool car.


FUEL TV came to Snogression and did a segment on it. Kevin was interviewed and asked what it was like to own a dreamland basically. The segment will be aired on FUEL TV during the Dew Tour in Salt Lake, and also on FUEL TVs website.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me, not Shalane. She left herself signed in on my computer. I am so proud of the pillows. You are a great student! I also like that Kevin showed up at the booths before he did.

    ReplyDelete