Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

at the races

The Brower Boys had a ski race up at Park City this weekend. I lovingly shoved Kevin at 6:45 am when his alarm went off, made sure he was awake and went back to sleep; I was not getting up that early. I would rather drive up by myself a little later and waste the gas, then wake up at that dreadful hour. Sorry 'Global Warming'.

It was snowy and cold, but luckily my puffy kept me warm. Thank you husband for the coolest, cutest, warmest coat ever.

The babies came up a bit later when it was warmer and got to watch their daddy, uncles and grandpa race down. They loved it. When I told Ellie her dad was skiing down she startled giggling and dancing.

The boys did awesome. They of course cleaned up with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. And Kevin's not going to like this one bit but he didn't get first. No $100 for us. I need to give him better pep talks we're thinking. Shalane is a master at these, or so Daniel says.

1st- Mitchell
2nd- Daniel
3rd- Kevin
And Mark did very well in his age division.

and then with the handicaps they put in place:

1st- Daniel - the $100 winner
2nd- Mitchell
3rd- Kevin

Beware Daniel and Mitchell, Kevin is going to come back angry for the next race. He is determined, or so will ensue after my pep talk.








Cute bum. Kevin skiing with little Ellie.


Wow. Ellie actually has a smile on that face of hers. She must really love skiing.

The babies loved skiing with their dad and uncle Kevin. Loved it. I was surprised at how much they liked it. Kevin and Daniel would not hold back speed wise. Those babies felt more G-forces then I probably have skiing.
I think we've got little ski racers in the family.


This is what Ellie did every time Kevin put her down after skiing with her. She would put her sad, puppy face on and cling to his leg. It worked every time.


The Karbon male ski model. I'm married to him.


2 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for this post. Great details and pictures! I don't know what Daniel and Shalane say to each other but clearly they have better motivational skills than the rest of us. Mitchell still thinks he should have the $100 so he will be angry at the next race too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, helmet model Mal and Alta, cute picture!
    I didn't give Dan any motivational talk, it was pure talent and speed that won that $100.

    ReplyDelete