Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

kevin caught a fish







I came home the other night to a dead, gutted, rainbow trout in my sink. Yum. I swear I always come home to the weirdest things.

Kevin and his brother had gone down to our local pond to see how thick the ice was for a hockey game. They came upon an ice-fishing hole that had froze over with a stick and line frozen in it. With a hatchet already in hand they chipped out the hole and Kevin pulled on the fishing line. There was a fish on it! They pulled it out and Daniel gladly let Kevin take the fish home. Kevin looked up how to gut a fish on YouTube and wallah! you got fresh rainbow trout in the sink.

I made a quick herb mayonnaise to spread and flavor the fish, broiled it for a few minutes and bam! yummy fish. For being so small there was a good size of meat on that bad boy. Thanks Kevin for catching our dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment