Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Alaska

Kevin is in Alaska right now, skiing and shredding. He got invited by Powder magazine to do a magazine spread. When Kevin told me about this, I was excited until he said "10 DAYS."
"10 days, what do you mean 10 days!?"
Are newlyweds (yes, I still consider us newlyweds) even supposed to be away from each other that long? I'm pretty sure not.
The longest we have been apart since we got married was 3 days.
So I was a bit saddened by his extremely exciting news.
But I wasn't going to be one of those wives that is like "You can't go and have all the fun!" "What about me!?" "But I NEED you home!" "This isn't fair!" Nope I sucked it up and said "Oh baby, Alaska here you come!"

After I snuck little Valentine goodies and a card in his suitcase, I tried to zip it up when Kevin goes "Oh wait, I'm not done." And then he found all his goodies he was supposed to be surprised by. Oh well. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Whatever that saying means. I mean, If I have cake, I am going to eat it.



A few days before he left, he, again, told me the story of the book/movie White Fang. He told me the part of him throwing rocks at his dog/wolf he loved and yelling at him to go away. He then said this analogy was going to have to be used for when I dropped him off at the airport. He was just going to run for it.
Well that all went through the roof once he got all his bags ready.
He had to give me the big 'Goodbye' hug and kiss. Then I lost it. Then he gave me more hugs and the "Don't worry about me, I'll be safe" talk. And then it got worse. And then I just got into the car and left. Ugh. Tender moments at the airport. I only like them when they don't involve me.

And this is for Lorna. This is what Kevin has been up to lately (Thanks to iPhone photo stream):






And tonight he is staying in a cabin (with heat!) on top of the mountain. Its close to heaven for him right now.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I don't get the "don't worry about me, I'll be safe talk". Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mal, you are so cute with the Valentines stuff. I think we've given up on that holiday altogether this year. Keep posting Kevin's pictures please-They are exciting to see. Good luck with the 10 days, I know you can do it, but it still stinks. At least the homecoming will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your cute Natalie! :). Yeah I can't wait for that homecoming!

    ReplyDelete