Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

a lost art: I am so bugged I will blog about it.


Thank you cards. I think these need to make a comeback. When I got married, my invitation package came with thank you cards. I didn't even think twice about them. I just knew that, after your wedding, you write thank you notes to everyone that came/helped/and/or brought you a gift. The day after we got back from our honeymoon, and the day after we opened all our presents, I sat down and wrote thank you cards. Yes, it took some time, but It felt great to write out my appreciation to everyone. Well the past 4 weddings, and 2 baby showers I have been too; I have received not one thank you card. I have been bugged about this. I think that if people take the time to pick out a gift and show their support at a reception or a shower, you need to acknowledge this. I am not saying I don't like these people any more, lets just say I think they are lazy. And it worries me they didn't even get the gift. So C'mon people, write thank you cards again.

3 comments:

  1. I agree Mal! Plus mom taught us to always write thank you cards! It's also nice to get a thank you card!
    I just panicked because for a second I thought, I never sent thank you cards from Hadleys birthday party .... but, I did! I hope you got yours :)
    Yes thank you cards are a must!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha no you wrote us one don't you worry. we got it and really appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously! I love giving and receiving thank you's, they are so simple and make such a difference. And I think the idea of sharing gratitude is something people forget. Thank you for your thoughts!!! :) I'll be sure to put something in the mail!

    ReplyDelete