Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

dinner with my girlies


Mari, Megs & Me @ Macaroni Grill (Photo taken on my Dad's phone) Why do I always run into my parents at random restaurants? It is always unplanned but happens quite often. This time I took advantage of it and had them take a picture of us.

Tonight I got to see my girlies Mari and Megs! We try to do dinner every month, but our schedules rarely work so it ends up being every 2 months or so. We chat the WHOLE time NONSTOP. Its like we don't even breath.
It all started in 8th grade at Churchill Junior High. I was the loser who had NO friends. I had decided to go to Churchill instead of Indian Hills Middle school for soccer. I was passionate about soccer and wanted to play for a school and Indian Hills didn't offer that. So I traded my friends for soccer. And since I am very shy; that meant two whole years of Junior High with no friends. Oh boy were those two years hard. But then out of no where, Mari wanted to be my friend. She invited me to sit with her and her friends at lunch (I always sat alone). I obliged but never said a word. So then came along 9th grade. We ended up having Mr. Petersen's Geometry class together and I don't know what changed in me, but I completely came out of my shell, asked Mari to sit by me, and we became best friends. We then became friends with Megs (the popular cheerleader), Whitney (the spaz), and Jennifer (the mature one). We were all inseparable. 9th grade and my senior year in high school were the best years of my young schooling life. Me, Mari and Megs have maintained our great friendship all throughout these years even though we have all done our separate things. I am so grateful for them and their friendship to me! I wouldn't be who I am today without you two! Mucho lovooooo!

1 comment:

  1. You were not a loser. I thought you were the coolest girl ever. Who else would suspend Jordan Pyne 10 feet in the air via rock-climbing harness? Or go to EFY and miss sleeping for a whole week? No Mal, you're the best, not an ounce of loser in you!

    ReplyDelete