Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Dating Stories #1


Our schedules lately have been completely opposite. Kevin has been working 12-14 hour days for a month and a half or so, and I have been doing school and working nights. We will get maybe a good two hours of face time. Two hours. And this is usually at 11:00 at night when we are both worn out. I get home, and right then he is ready and dying to go to bed. Me on the other hand is dead tired, but can't sleep because I have been running around all night and it takes me a few hours to wind down. Hence, me blogging at 1:30 in the a.m. Lets just say it hasn't been a fun last few weeks.

Ok enough of the boo and hoo.
Now on to a funny story:
I have some funny dating stories and I think this here blog is a great place to share them.

Funny Dating Story #1, Lets call him...Clay; because well, thats his real name.

I met Clay at an institute dance. Some of my friends were dancing with him and his buddies so me and my cousin Trista hopped on over. He started to talk to me, realized I was really funny (he told me this) and asked me out for ice cream that night. We went out with a bunch of friends and he just thought I was hilarious (his words not mine). Well the night ended, and he said he would ask me out again. School went on, 3 months passed, and he had tried to ask me out numerous times. I was busy juggling school (one word: CHEMISTRY) and never got around to saying yes to his requests. Until finally one day I did. It was on the weekend, and that weekend I was staying at my parents. So he came to pick me up...with a rose in hand. A rose. All you girls are probably going "Oooooohhhh how romantic and cute!!!" No, that was not my thought at all. What first popped in my head, I blurted out, and truly, rudely, meant it. "You shouldn't have..." So rude of me. I just thought it was a bit weird. I threw (kidding) the rose to my parents and told them to keep it alive and we headed out the door. He then told me where we were going: Boondocks. Oh man. To play video games. Oh man. And I am pretty sure that is all we did. I was pretty good at those games though I must say. I am sure he was impressed and added video game skills to my repertoire. When we had cashed in all of our tickets for nonsense and tootsie rolls, we headed out. We were completely surprised to walk out into a complete blizzard. Right when he saw the snow, I hear "Crap." And then I learned why: whatever kind of car he owned, sucked. We tried to get out of the Boondocks parking lot and failed miserably. We tried five or so times. I was getting worried I was going to be stuck with this guy, in a parking lot, in a blizzard. Every guys dream. I didn't want him to get any ideas so I cheered him on to try and try again! We finally got out, and I probably let out a sigh of relief. The little drive back to my house went great until we came upon my neighborhood. There is this little hill when you enter my parents neighborhood that is horribly, horribly slick when it snows. You have to hit it fast and at a right angle to make it ( I have learned with my little Jetta). Well his car would not have any of it. I was just about ready to jump out, say "Thanks for a great night!", and run home, when a brilliant idea came to Clay. He was going to get out and push the car, while I stepped on the gas and steered. So I hop in the driver seat, and he pushes. It actually worked great! The car started to move, it slowly gained traction and we were on our way! The only thing was, it was just me, not we. He was still outside, now running with the car. I yelled "What do you want me to do!?" He replied with "Just keep GOING! Don't STOP!" So on I went, driving his car, without him. Oh it was so funny, I was laughing then, and I am laughing now. He finally caught up, opened the passenger door, and hopped in. But then we had arrived to my parents house. Hallelujah. I thanked him for such a great night (oh there was teeny bit of sarcasm) and he replied with a kiss on the cheek. Ew. I just remembered that.
He then continued to try and ask me out again, but I just straight up told him I wasn't interested. I told him he was a great guy, but there was nothing there for me. I thought this was what guys wanted to hear: truth, honesty. Thats what they always said atleast, but this guy didn't take it too well. He got quite angry with me.
The next day, my Facebook account was shut down because someone had reported it. Coincidence? I think not.

3 comments:

  1. ha! reported it as what?! that is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is one of the funniest date stories I've heard. I love it! and I love the facebook part hahaha what a poop. Oh my, and I completely 100% agree with you: Guys do NOT want to hear the truth. Even though they say they do. They take it so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im guessing he reported it or flagged something as inappropriate... not sure. but i definitely had to make a whole new facebook page

    ReplyDelete