Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

finally...S.W.A.G!



Last night we got invited to go to a Ski Utah presentation at Picturline in Salt Lake. Kevins photographer Steven Lloyd was asked to give a presentation and slideshow of his work. Another one of Ski Utah's main photographers, Dan Cambell, who does lifestyles, was also asked to give a presentation. Ski Utah also asked if Kevin would come to talk about Still Shots because they really love his idea. Kevin was a little nervous while we were driving down there, and I was too. Anytime I have to go and listen to someone I know give a speech, I get just as nervous, if not more so. This comes from my incredibly, enormous fear of public speaking. I hate it. I wont do it. And I know this is something I probably should get over and work on, but frankly, I don't care too.
So knowing that I would get nervous and get stressed, I didn't want to go. But of course Kevin talked me into it and promised we could go and get a treat after ( I know Im like a little kid, but it worked). So I went and their was a huge turnout, the place was packed. This just made me even more nervous. But when Kevin went up to give his speech he did an awsome job! I was so proud of him (and so relieved it was over). Everyone loved his idea, and loved his episode that he showed. Ladies were gasping when kevin was climbing the cliff, and the guys were wondering how he got the cool camera angle. He loved it. Steve also did a fantastic job, his images are so awesome. Everyone loved his slideshow.
At the end of the night, they did a raffle. I never win free stuff. But ever since being married to Kevin, this has all changed. I don't know how he does it, but he gets everything for free. So of course we both won at the raffle! He won some Hot Chillys underwear that he was really excited about, and I won a pictureline blanket and a day pass to Solitude (which is my resort of choice right now). So by and by, it was a really good night. Yeah I was stressed, and nervous, but I got some S.W.A.G (stuff wives all get), got to watch my big time husband speak, and got icrecream.

If anyone wants to watch my husbands Still Shots episode, become a fan of Still Shots on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment