Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

barbecue sauce!!





Last night I made this yummy yummy barbecue chicken braid. I LOVE anything with barbecue sauce. Well, anything with a lot of sauce involved actually. For all of you barbecue chicken pizza lovers, this is a recipe must you need to try out. It was easy after making the dough. No it was actually easy all together, I just think it seemed as though it took forever because I hate waiting for dough to rise.
You can find this recipe at My Kitchen Cafe blog, which is my new favorite place to get recipes from. Everything I have made from there has been delicious.
For some reason I was in a busy busy mood last night. I decided to also make a made-from-scratch apple pie. My parents had given us a huge bag of apples from the best place to buy apples, the big red barn on the way to Lake Powell (Im forgetting the name). So I went for it. And it was delicious! Making the crust is no fun at all, as you can see from the picture I lose patience very fast. I just plastered the crust on top, not caring that it was misshaped and only covered about 40% of the pie. It was an ugly pie, but a tasty pie. Well I at least thought so. Kevin so graciously told me his dislike of apple pie right when it came out of the oven. But he ate a few bites of it for me. For some reason Kevin doesn't share the same love for sweets and treats as I do. This is sad really. A while ago I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies just for him. Well I guess he wasn't in the mood for them and barely ate one. I literally got very mad at him because not only did he not appreciate the cookies I had made just for him, but now I had to eat all the cookies. And I did.

This busy busy mood did not stop after making dinner and a pie, oh no. I had to clean the house, do the dishes twice, do laundry, make kevin in a busy busy mood (which is not hard) so we could run to Walmart for a buzzer (so we can cut kevs hair), a file folder holder to organize all of our important files, a binder for me to organize all my papers for school, and a few good movies at the great deal of $6 each. Once we got home and had organized, I then had to label all our DVDs with our name and phone number, because I mean we lend out our DVDs all the time...
Oh and FYI, do not go to the Super Walmart in draper late at night, every time we have gone, we have waited in the check out line for 20 minutes. Quite ridiculous. Last night we were behind these two ladies with two huge carts full of food and crap, and after the incredibly slow checker had scanned everything, their credit card wasn't being accepted. Sketchy wouldn't you say?

1 comment:

  1. I've been loving My Kitchen Cafe too! I've tried a few recipes and they are all so good. I'm impressed you made that bbq chicken braid, I thought it looked like way too much work.
    Happy Anniversary to you guys!

    ReplyDelete