Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

our first anniversary



So saturday morning we left around 12:30 and headed to Midway. Even though I have been raised by a family that always went snowmobiling, I was still nervous to go. Whenever me and kevin go and do activities, Im never treated like a little girl, I have to DO things. Things such as going fast, doing tricks, doing whatever kevin is doing. I can never take things slow, or step-by-step, I have to get better and get better fast. And yes, I should have realized this was how it was going to be marrying a pro skier; but I have learned this is the best thing for me. I NEED to be pushed to do things. And once I get good and more aggressive about it, I love it. This was how mountain biking was. I was incredibly slow at the beginning, but now I can do downhill biking pretty dang fast. Well on this day, snowmobiling wasn't any different. He wanted me to go fast. So fast I did. Kevin would hardly have to wait for me after he got a little ahead, I was cruisin! On the trail there was a pretty big hill that you could jump off, so kevin waited at the bottom of it to see how I would take it. He expected me to pretty much roll over it. Nope. I gunned it. I FLEW over that hill with my hand in the air. Ok no hand in the air, but I did put that hand in the air right after and went YEEEEEAH! Kevin could not believe the air I got. I couldn't believe it either.

Oh yeah, when we got to the parking lot before we "launched" (im no so sure of the snow term, this would be the lake term) our snowmobiles, we got stopped by a park ranger. My snowmobile has yet to be registered. We knew we would probably get caught , but when your with kevin you have luck with the law. He always gets in trouble for the weirdest things, but always gets by with nothing or a warning. So we got lucky of course, we only got a warning AND we got to take my unregistered snowmobile out.

After snowmobiling for a good long while, Kevin surprised me with our stay at The Lodge at Stillwater. It is off the beaten path but very nice! It felt like we were the only ones there, we loved it. We got ready for dinner, he just told me to dress nice, and he surprised me again with dinner at the Zermott! It was a prime rib and seafood buffet. We ate way too much crab legs, prime rib, shrimp and scallops. They had drawn butter for the crab legs, and for some reason it tasted divine. I couldn't get enough of it; I dipped my bread in it, i dipped my rice in it, I dipped my mushrooms in it, I dipped the bread butter in it (kidding); everything on my plate was dipped in butter. I don't even want to think about how much butter I really ate. I guess I just wanted to get my moneys worth. And that we did. This place was heavenly though, I would recommend it for any special occasion.

The next morning, we were awoken by the fire alarm. It went on for a while. Kevin had gotten up to look in the hallways and people were leaving their rooms. He tried to get me to go but I refused. I was NOT getting out of bed that early to go downstairs, then have it be a mistake, then having to go all the way back up to our room. I probably wouldn't had left that bed if I smelt smoke. But thankfully, right then the alarm stopped. Well we were awake now, so we decided to go outside and hang out in the hot tubs. For some reason they only serve breakfast wed-saturdays, so we got to eat skittles from the vending machine for breakfast. Candy for breakfast; what a great way to end our stay

For some reason my computer isn't letting my download our snowmobiling pictures. Ill post them later

No comments:

Post a Comment