Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

eating japanese style





After cooking and baking, our kitchen and front room was a bit too hot to eat in. So I took our dinner into our bedroom where we have a little window air conditioner. And we at on the ground.

I made my grandmas famous rolls since I cannot ignore the craving for these once it comes. The dough is even good to eat. My dad and his brothers were constantly picking and grabbing at the dough whenever my grandma made these. Even our neighbors dog thought they were too good to ignore. Yep our stupid, ugly, mean neighbors dog came into our backyard and ate half, half, of my batch of rising rolls (I put them in the sun to help them rise faster). On the second rise. Right before I was about to put them in the oven. OOOOOOOOOOoooooh I was so mad. I can't believe I just stood their and went "No, no, no, no, no!" while he ran away. I should have followed and kicked that dog right in the gut. I hope he gets sick. He better get sick.

I am going to follow my dad's example and buy myself a paint-ball gun.
My dad hates cats with a vengeance. Whenever cats would get into our backyard he would shoot them multiple times. Those cats would sure be colorful by the time they got back home. I think the neighbors learned.

Neighbors you better keep that dog in your yard.
Or else.
A paintball gun is going to be velcroed to my wall. Right by the door. Loaded.

Anyways.... :)

These chicken lettuce wraps were soo soo good. They reminded me of P.F. Changs.

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Sauce (to pour over wraps):

1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup warm water
2 T soy sauce
2 T ketchup
1 T lemon juice
1/8 tsp sesame oil
1 T dijon mustard
2 cloves finely minced garlic

Chicken stir-fry:

2 T olive oil
2 T sesame oil
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts finely chopped {I used food processor}
1 8 oz can water chestnuts minced {again, with the food processor}
1 8 oz can bamboo shoots minced {need I repeat myself again...food processor}
1/2 cup mushrooms minced {food processor}
3 cloves garlic, finely minced {you guessed it, food processor}
3 green onions thinly chopped
1 red bell pepper (I added this)

Stir fry sauce:

2 T soy sauce
2 T brown sugar
1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar

Begin by making the pouring sauce. Mix all ingredients well and set aside for serving.
Prep stir fry sauce by mixing ingredients in small bowl and set aside.
Combine oils and heat over high heat until it glistens, about 1 minute. Add chicken and saute until cooked through, then remove from pan. Take same pan and turn to medium high heat. Add another T of olive oil, wait one minute, and then add garlic, onions, water chestnuts, mushrooms, and bamboo shoots. Stir fry a few minutes and then add chicken and stir fry sauce.
Serve with lettuce leaves to wrap in. Pour sauce over.

via Just Cook Already

No comments:

Post a Comment