Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

deer creek extravaganza

Boating with the Brower boys always provides the best entertainment. Its even better when they bring friends who are willing to do anything to get a laugh. Our celebratory boating excursion for the 24th of July was no exception. Even though the lake was jam-packed, party boats would get in our way, everyone followed us around the lake thinking we knew where all the good water was (we did), and no one had any boat etiquette (what has this world come too?!) we still had a grand time.









Patrick and his homemade spear gun. That thing is deadly. Beware fish.



Little Patrick was learning how to drive on this little boating trip. Unlucky for me that I got caught in the middle of it. Not knowing that Pat was going to take off, I reached over to grab some apples out of the cooler. The slacked rope caught me right on my stomach when I was bending over and threw me from the middle of the boat, to almost the back deck of the boat. Luckily, one of Mitchell's friends caught me mid-air. It was intense. I even had my camera in hand through all this; you should have seen how strongly I held onto that thing. Death grip. I am surprised I didn't smash it. So this is my lovely little rope burn that I got.



The crew. Shout out to Blake in the green shirt. Thanks for saving me.

1 comment:

  1. I shudder still thinking about that close call and second that shout out to Blake. We need you Mal, don't go flying off any more boats, OK?

    ReplyDelete