Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

second best roll baker in my husbands life


We do everything outside now

We are loving our new patio set the Browers gave us!! We now eat dinner outside every night. And with our new grill and new sod; this makes for a great combination. I found this recipe on My Kitchen Cafe for salmon, but I tried it with chicken. It is Kevins new favorite chicken recipe.

Best Chicken Ever

lemon pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
salt to taste
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil

DIRECTIONS
Season salmon (or chicken) with lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt.

In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and vegetable oil until sugar is dissolved. Place fish/chicken in a large resealable plastic bag with the soy sauce mixture, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

I also made my Grandma Moser's famous rolls*. I really didn't believe I had the skills to pull these off. Or if they did turn out, they would taste like sock. But they turned out AMAZING! And the best part is, now I don't have to wait for Christmas, or every other year on Thanksgiving, to satisfy my Grandma Moser roll tooth. Kevin even said that they were the second best rolls he had ever tasted. Which is pretty good. His #1 rolls were the sweet rolls he ate on his mission in Ecuador. So my next task now is to become the #1 roll baker in my husbands life. If you have any Ecuador sweet roll recipes, pass them on over please!

*I am sorry I cannot divulge this secret, secret recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment