Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Brower Party Time

We have had quite the week of fun. Kevin's brother Daniel, his wife Shalane, and their two girls Alta (2) and Ellie (3 mo) came to play with us all the way from Virginia. For the weekend, Natalie and Jeremy even came up from Vegas. We all went go-karting, which actually this needs to be talked about. Kevin as a young boy was a dreamer. He wanted to do everything. Go-karting was one of them. He. was. obsessed. There is a video that Mark and Lorna took of all their kids where they asked them questions like what they liked to do, what their favorite school subject was, what they weighed etc... Well Kevin, unlike his brothers and sisters, hated school. He could not think of one subject he liked. I think he ended up saying recess... But he had plenty of things to say about his hobbies and favorite things to do. One thing he said he liked to do was Go-karting. And why this was so funny was because he never had go-karted yet. His mother even annoyingly added on the video right after he said this, "He has never go-karted." He had thought and dreamt about it so much that he thought that was his favorite past time. This was just a perfect kevin moment. One thing I cannot wait to do when we get up to heaven is watch kevins childhood. I can't wait.

Anyways... We went go-karting, we went biking, we had football parties, we played with virginia babies, played ping pong, ate raclette, and ate so much of Lorna's amazing food. This trip, Alta liked both me and Kevin a lot more. Kevin won her over with gummy bears and jumping on the tramp with her. I won her over with playing on the ipad with her. She is one electronic baby. She knew exactly how to use that ipad, it amazed me. She new how to get on youtube. And she new how to find her favorite baby video. It was the most annoying video I have ever seen, but I cant tell you how many times she wanted to watch that. She just kept watching it over and over and over again. I finally got her to like another video, it was called "Gummy Funny Bear," but that got annoying fast too.

Ellie is the fattest baby. She is the perfect fat person, I love it. All she wants to do is sit, eat, and sleep. So me and kevin had some fun with her.
Crest trail/puke hill #2. Except this time we had some real puking. Daniel was not so used to Utah altitude and Utah mountains. He said he had been biking the "Virginia mountains", but c'mon, they don't have mountains. So this combined with biking hard equaled puke x4. Well they didn't name this hill "puke hill" for no reason.
I didn't puke, but my legs felt like it. For some reason I thought it to be smart to workout my thighs the day before. You know, warm them up. WRONG. They died.
Shuttling up
Ping-pong time. They think they are better then the Chinese.
MMmm Raclette! This was the best dinner! Mark and Lorna recently went to Switzerland and brought back this fantastic idea of a dinner. You have a raclette grill which grills your meat and shrimp on top, then on the bottom you have trays to put the amazing Swiss cheese in to melt. Once the cheese is melted, you either put it on potatoes or bread. It is heavenly.
Me winning alta over. My favorite alta quote from the whole trip happened right after this picture was taken. Lorna and Shalane that day had gone to Baby Gap and bought Alta the cutest skinny jeans. They were adorable on little Alta, and she knew it. She even called them her "skinny jeans." Well while we were sitting and enjoying Gummy Funny Bear, she grabs at her pants and says "Too tight!!!" As I undid her snap, all I told her was "Beauty is pain Alta, beauty is pain."Skinny jeans on little girls? Crazy! But they looked so much cuter on little Alta.


Thanks Lorna for letting me steal all your pictures...

1 comment:

  1. I bet Alta was adorable in Skinny jeans!! Halle has some Hadleys BBF and they are sooooo cute!! I have to find Hadley some! Or maybe Jeggins! I think thats what they are called?

    ReplyDelete