Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

canyoneering


Kevin went canyoneering this past weekend with a bunch of hippies and buddies. I don't really like it when he is gone, but guys need guy time. Well lets be honest, the real reason I was fine with him going was because my weekend was packed-full of work, homework, and meetings. He went down with his photographer and they got some really cool shots. I have yet to see them, and I wish I could post them on here but the photographer wouldn't allow it. That is why this picture is downloaded from Google. But they did stuff just like this. They rappelled 80 feet down into this cave with a small, very deep pool at the bottom. Yikes. I am pretty sure if I did that I would either A. fall because the rope broke or B. get pulled down into the dark, deep pool by dead bodies (envision Harry Potter). Well that is what I would be thinking at the moment at least. Last year we went rock climbing up Big Cottonwood canyon with our friends Ashley and Josh. I was just fine climbing up (I tried to not look down) but right when I reached the top and I had to give my complete trust in this simple rope, I froze. I think it took me 20 minutes of pep-talk, and another random guy to climb up to me to assure me that the only way down from there, was well, down. But for some reason, I think I still like rock climbing and would totally go again.

Well it was a long weekend without my husband. But I did get to watch some chick flicks he would never watch with me: Back-Up Plan and The Last Song. Back-Up Plan was pretty taste-less, but funny and entertaining in parts. For some reason I loved The Last Song. I watched it twice, and it made me all teary-eyed. It made me like Miley Cyrus, which I definitely did not before.

When Kevin got home I got all giddy and excited like a little high school girl. I love that he is mine!

Kevin just told me that the other photographer on the trip has posted the story and some pictures here: http://perpetualweekend.com/wordpress/2010/09/slot-shots/

No comments:

Post a Comment