Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

weekly meal plan #2

Monday:  Spinach fettucini with a Garlic-Oil sauce and topped with sauteed shrimp, breadsticks (made from rhodes dough) and fresh tomatoes with a balsamic glaze.

Ok, this sauce was amazing!
Here is the recipe via The Rachael Ray Magazine


Garlic-Oil sauce
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley
1-2 Tb minced garlic
3/4 ts salt


It says to add to a small skillet on medium-high heat, and remove once the garlic sizzles.  I totally skipped this and just mixed it all together and drizzled it all over my fettucini and it was excellent.  

Tuesday: Brown basmati rice topped with sauteed cabbage, a fried egg and drizzled with soy sauce, sesame oil and our favorite topping for rice: furikake; which is a japanese condiment of mixed seaweed, sesame seeds, salt and sugar.  You can get it at your local asian market for cheap.  

Wednesday:  BBQ chicken and freshly baked rolls (rhodes dough). (Sauteed spinach was supposed to also happen here, but so goes it when I get home super late and Kevin doesn't know how to cook the spinach.)

Thursday:  We got spoiled and I brought home food from work this night.  We shared a filet mignon and a new york steak.  Yum.

Friday:  We went camping!  Tin foil dinners.  I layered cabbage, sweet sausage, onions, potatoes, carrots and broccoli.
I also made homemade sweet cornbread.

Saturday:  Sauteed shrimp and sourdough bread drizzled with the Garlic-Oil sauce and a balsamic glaze.  

3 comments:

  1. ok sistah- you need to post pictures with these meals! TORTURE to a prego! ;) you are an amazing cook! i want to see these meals! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. meal planning is the best.
    2. i love seeing other people's meal plans cause then it gives me ideas
    3. lunch tomorrow!!??!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily I will work on the pictures! we just moved, which means my kitchen is 1) bigger and 2) much brighter so I can take better pictures!!
    And Sarah yes yes yes I am excited for lunch!!

    ReplyDelete