Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

camping in the uintas


We try not to pay to go camping, so we usually drive up into the mountains until we find a good spot.  We found a great little meadow up in the Uintas this weekend.  The whole mountain felt like it was ours.
We brought up good food, a good book, and some good company. 
Even though it got chilly that night, we still had a great time.
I love tin foil dinners.   This time I did sweet sausage, cabbage, onions, carrots, potatoes, broccoli, sea salt and a drizzle of olive oil.  Mmm mmm good.
I also have an obsession with s'mores when I camp.  I can eat a lot.  But this time every one was making fun of me so I only ate two.  And... maybe five extra marshmallows.  One time camping in Bryce, I was known to have eaten s'mores for every meal.  It happens.
I even wore my camping shirt. 
The Machete.
Oh yeah, these guys came!  They almost got away with no pictures.
They love their new car.  We made sure we went off road so they could test it out. 

1 comment:

  1. small world! i "know" that couple! one of my friends from school's brother in law! :)

    ReplyDelete