Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

the salad


I love to cook. But it's definitely not as fun when your only cooking for one. While Kevin has been gone I have been taking it easy on the cooking. I have eaten a lot of salads, since those are the easiest to prepare once you have all the ingredients you want.
I decided that this chicken is the best on my salads:

Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thighs would be fine too)
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup honey (I reduced this to a half a cup from a whole cup, that just seemed like a lot of honey to me)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup diced onion
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced

I put frozen chicken breasts in my slow cooker, sprinkled with some salt and pepper. I then mix all the rest ingredients together, and pour over chicken. I usually cook on low for 8 or so hours. I start it in the afternoon, then have to work late.

When its done, I remove the chicken from the sauce (I just throw the sauce away) and shred it. Let it cool completely, then put it in a container in the fridge! Now you have awesome, flavorful protein to put on your salad!

Adapted from here.


Also in my favorite salad:
Baby lettuce
Pine nuts (Costco)
Craisins (Costco)
Feta cheese (Costco)
Balsamic glaze
Homemade olive oil/ garlic/ red wine vinegar salad dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment