Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving: Part 3

Me and Shalane started the day out with a bike ride up Snow Canyon. We knew that you had to pay to enter the canyon. We didn't know how much, but we knew. We just decided to forget that little piece of information. I told Shalane that even if they try and stop us, we just cruise on by. I mean were on road bikes, were fast. And hopefully we would be faster.
Paying to enter our States parks doesn't sit well with me. I live here. Let me in for free.

Well sure enough as we start to ride past the park ranger station: "Hey! Hey! HEY GIRLS! You need to pay!!!! HEY!"

"Keep going Shalane!"
And we ride on.
We rode pretty fast for a while. Adrenaline was surging. Shalane kept saying "I can't believe we just did that!" "I'm scared!"
And I was too. But they didn't come for us; so we relaxed.
It was a nice ride, but hard. It's five miles continuous uphill and I am proud to say we didn't stop.
That was until the park ranger station at the top of the canyon stopped us. We had forgotten about the top station.
Shalane was a little ahead of me so the nice guy on top first stopped her. When I rode up I said "What seems to be the problem?" in the most innocent voice I could conjure.

"You didn't hear the ranger at the bottom yelling at you?"
"Whaaat? Nooo..."
"You need to pay."
"You do?"
"We have a park pass in our car at home." (My sister-in-law did, this wasn't a lie)
"You need to bring that next time."
"How am I supposed to carry that while I bike......" as my voice trails off... "Ok, will do, thank you ranger!"
And we were free. We had done it!
Shalane felt really bad. Me, not so much.


Me and Alta drew this together. For some reason I thought it was really cool so I told her to be careful and not mess it up. I messed up one part and she replied with: "Umm...you kind of just messed it up....." Touche.


"Look how fat my head is!!"



We took the boys to the playground since they didn't get to enjoy it the day before with us. We made them spin, spin and spin some more.
Once they got sick of that, we played some frisbee.









We decided to go out for ice cream the last night, and ventured out to Nelsons Frozen Custard. But when we got there, we realized we couldn't wait: we had cards at home to get to. So we went to Smiths and each picked out a Ben & Jerry's. Why is ice cream so much better when you get your own pint of it?! I'm no connoisseur of Ben & Jerry's ice-cream, and have probably only tried two different flavors, but the Pistachio flavor was really good, so I am going to say it is the best Ben & Jerry's flavor.


Alta came and sat on my lap with her ice cream and said "I love to share!"
So I had a bite of hers, and gave her a bite of mine.
But then she continued to eat just mine.
"Mmm Malorie! Yours is really good!" "We love to share!" She is a sneaky one.




Every night us kids would stay up playing UNO. Didn't know that game could be so fun. There was a lot of competition. But this game didn't even come close to the heat that SCUM created. We had to end that early one night due to everyone getting a little too into it, myself included. That game is stupid. I am still mad. Mostly at Mitchell. Worst king ever.


2 comments:

  1. My husband owned Jeremy in those frizbee pictures. He is so great, he is the best and he is so good at frizbee. he is also realy good a uno, i was so proud of him when he won the uno game by a lot of points

    ReplyDelete