Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

finally

I finally caught a little of the Christmas bug. It always takes me a while. But I will admit to listening to Christmas music right when Thanksgiving is over. I really love me some Christmas tunes.

I made chocolates a while ago, but this year I also wanted to try and make my mother-in-law's rocky road. So, since the bug bit me, I decided to make a small batch to give to my friends along with some chocolates. Lucky ducks.

I always laugh at my decorating ability. Its nonexistent. I thought I could be O.K. at decorating. But then I realized this was a lie when I got married. I like too much stuff. But I don't know how to put hues, textures and designs together. I did take a interior design class in high school, but the only thing I remember from that class was my teacher taking my phone away from me for the entire day. So maybe that shows how much I liked that class.
I also don't like spending money on decorations; but I like the expensive stuff. This means I just don't buy anything.
I told myself that with all the money being saved, once we move into our dream home, in who knows how many years, we can buy nice, expensive furniture and decorations and an interior designer to go with it.



So here are all my Christmas decorations:

1) A fake tree that my sister gave me when they got a bigger and better tree.
We really wanted to go and chop down a tree this year, but the permits for the area we wanted to chop one down in were all sold out. So hopefully that tradition will be started next year. Note to self: Buy permit in November.
I got the skirt, ornaments and bow on extreme clearance one year only because my mother and sister made me get them.

2) A christmas tree candle. yum.

3) A wooden santa my mom gave me.





Now onto shopping.

5 comments:

  1. pick me, pick me! i'll be your designer! ;) and hey, your cooking skills far surpass mine, and that is definitely a good skill to have! your cooking is SO gourmet compared to mine- so there's your leg up with that one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I feel just like you Mal. We are using a 2 foot Christmas Tree I got for my American Girl Dolls when I was 12 along with those ornaments too. When we get presents, we literally put them "under" the tree. The tree sits on top of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey it finally let me post a comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok emily you can be my designer!! I will call you in twenty years hahaha

    2 ft america girl doll tree haha I love that you still have it! thats so funny
    and hopefully it will keep on letting you comment. thats so weird. other people have told me that it won't let them comment either..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I changed a few things through blogger, but I think the fix was changing Firefox to accept 3rd party cookies or something like that.

    ReplyDelete