Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

ciao bella


I am not a huge italian food fan. Pasta is too much for me most of the time.
I can handle cheese-filled ravioli and alfredo sauce but other than that, no thank you.
Spaghetti, forget about it (but I will eat the meatballs).

Well tonight I wanted to make something with pesto and something with shrimp. The only recipe I could find was a creamy pesto shrimp on linguine. And for some weird reason, it sounded good. Pasta sounded good. I must be pregnant. Hah totally kidding. Sorry Mom.
So I went for it. But I changed the recipe up a bit to take out the large amounts of unneeded fats.

Creamy Pesto Shrimp

Shrimp
linguine pasta
1 cup half and half
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 1/2 Tb olive oil
salt + pepper to taste
pesto* (add as much as you want, I just kept adding until I was happy)

Cook your noodles for 8-10 minutes. Drain.

In a skillet, cook the half and half, olive oil and salt + pepper for 6-8 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the parmesan cheese and pesto. Add the shrimp and cook for 5 minutes or until pink. Cook until your sauce is at your desired consistency.

Pour sauce over noodles and enjoy! Delicious!

*I just used the pesto from Costco. I tried making my own but failed miserably. I think it was cheaper just buying the Costco version.

Adapted from this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment