Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

camping at albion basin

We decided to go camping at 6:30 pm last night. As Kevin got all of our camping stuff in the car, I searched our fridge for dinner and breakfast. We headed up the canyon with fingers crossed that there would be an open site at the campground for us. When we got there we drove through the whole campground. It was full. We were bummed.

We then decided heck to the CLOSED sign on site #4, all we saw written there was BROWER. We pulled in and sure enough the camp manager drives right up. He told us that because there was snow in the site (I think we can handle a little snow...), he had to cancel the reservations for the weekend.
Well Kevin sweet-talked him and he decided to let us stay there.

Happy, happy, happy; we set up camp. Kevin started the fires, started to cook our food, and I tried to set up the tent. Tried. Kevin eventually had to help. I think next time I should have it down...

Our good friends Clay & Alyssa then came up after a wedding and hung out at the fire with us to roast some s'mores and to talk the night away. We realized how not newlyweds we were when they said they had only been married for four months. And us: two and a half years? Can we still be newlyweds please?

We also realized that roasting mambas=tasty. Roasting swedish fish= not tasty.


Oh BROWER? Why thank you.




My camping apparel: Shirts, sweater, leggings, shorts, socks & tivas. The clothing of champions. And a warm mal.



Tin-foil dinners are always so tasty. Key ingredient: Ketchup.



Kevin loves making breakfast while camping. He also loves making fires. Maybe thats why.
Peaches and bacon.


& Eggs.




I love our tent.


Kevins favorite tool.


Kevin making fun of how I take pictures. But then I made fun of this picture.


Where's Malorie?




Ok. This water was fa-reezing! But it was so pretty and clear I had to get in it.



Self-timer. Waaaay too far away.



"Hey Kevin, take a picture of me jumping! Lets see how high I can get."
And this was how high. I need to work on my air. Or rather get some Air-Tivas. Ha.

2 comments:

  1. I've totally had the camping bug lately, so I'm LOVING this post ;) Peaches...bacon...tin-foil dinners...YUMMMMMMMMM! I think our boys would have a blast! Gotta get on it, and figure out the good camp sites here in Maryland.

    ReplyDelete