Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

the "scooter" : day 1












We went to St. George for a little romantic getaway: just the two of us. We definitely have Mark and Lorna to thank for providing such a beautiful and awesome vacation home to make these little trips possible! So thank you!!

Kevin was so excited to play on the "scooter," Like, I-don't-think-anyone-understands-how-much-he-loves-this-"scooter" excited. Our first day out, we spent five hours playing on that thing. Five hours. Five hours of cruising through trails and playing at the sand dunes. Within these five hours, Kevin alloted us 13 minute lunch break and a quick jumping in at the sand hollow reservoir. I told you, he is serious about this razoring.

You really can't understand how fun these can be until you ride one. I will just leave it at that: you need to ride and drive one of these bad boys. The speed and handling of anything and everything is impeccable.
And I sound like a total nerd.
Moving on.

For dinner we went to the lovely In-N-Out.

For a post dinner activity we decided to try out our patience and skill with rabbit catching. These little guys were everywhere; or so it had seemed. Right when we had set up our bucket/carrot trap they all ran away and never came back. We still tried to wait. Kevin was better at it than me. I gave up pretty quickly. My dream of holding one of those furry rabbits and keeping it as "the St. George pet" were quickly crushed.

Check out the anticipation on my face. Rabbit hunting was not as fun as I made it look.

The rest of the night was spent relaxing in the hot tub.

4 comments:

  1. mal, where is your condo? we have one down there too and it looks like the same place! it's in ivans- called eagle rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that everyone calls it the scooter, and I'm impressed you guys were out for 5 hours! 3 hours totally wore me out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. emily-
    ivans? I am not sure where that is? Ours is called The Cliffs I think and its in snow canyon. Is yours in snow canyon??

    shalane-
    holy cow I know. the first day wasn't bad at all-the temp was still cool. but the next day we were out for 4 hours and I was totally pooped. It was 100 outside and the day before killed me haha but kevin could have gone for another 3. hes crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yeah the cliffs is right next door to ours! it's in ivans, but not the same complex as ours! fun! i'm needing a dose of st. george too!

    ReplyDelete