Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

the day we stole our baby

This is our future baby. Kevin was this fat when he was a baby (hooray!) and she has my cheeks.
Should she be ours?
Yes.
But that is ok, we will just make our own.

We headed up Little Cottonwood Canyon to check out the massive amounts of snow still in the mountains and to make a mountain baby out of Ellie. She loved it. She loved the hike, she loved the car ride.

There are so many beautiful (and huge) waterfalls up this canyon
Boy can this baby eat. This is me telling her to slow down and save some for me.






Sooo check out those cheeks of mine. My cheeks are so big that when I smile, my sunglasses get pushed up. We are twins!


Can I just say this picture makes my heart melt?

A lady stopped us on the trail with a "ohhhhh how cute! How old is she?!!" I could tell Kevin was quickly going to reply with a "Oh she's not ours..." But I didn't want my fantasy of her being mine to end, so I quickly butted in "Oh she is a whole year old" with all the motherly adoration I could show. It worked.

2 comments:

  1. Ellie is so old! I am so glad you are posting pictures of the girls because "certain" people have stopped.. I am so jealous of the mountains and trees and you guys stealing Ellie! She's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is pretty dang cute, huh?
    I swear I'll update my blog someday nat, I guess I should probably get my camera out...

    ReplyDelete