Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Pineapple Fried Rice from The Wild Rose


*I changed the ingredients to the sauce!

The restaurant I work at has this incredible fried rice. They serve it with Marlin- which is seared rare-which I cannot imitate (I mean where do you buy marlin?). But I did want to try and imitate the rice. So I asked Carlos for the recipe and viola! I still need to figure out how they make their sauce so sweet and savory; I'm thinking a lot more honey. But I didn't want to waste a lot of honey if it didn't work out. But here is the recipe, I am still going to try and tinker around with it more. I'll probably ask for specific instructions on how to make the bomb sauce.


Pineapple Fried Rice

cooked Rice
red bell pepper, diced
red onion, diced
green onion, diced
carrots, slivered
chopped pineapple
chopped cilantro
eggs (fry these first in EVOO)*

For the sauce:

vegetable stock (I only had miso paste for miso soup on hand, so I basically used miso soup instead of this)
soy sauce
sugar*
brown sugar*


Just heat the sauce until the sugar is completely dissolved.

2 comments:

  1. Can you bring that to dinner on Sunday??? It looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I totally will if we are going to dinner!! We might be going to St. George sunday, monday, tuesday

    ReplyDelete