Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

marriage!


My cute cousin Kailey got married last saturday. I was excited to attend her sealing because I had never been in the Bountiful Temple. The last time I was up there was for my future sister and brother-in-law, Natalie and Jeremy's sealing. Me and Kevin were engaged at the time so I went up and watched Patrick (ha kidding) and Alta in the kiddie room during the sealing. But Kailey and Deely's sealing was beautiful and it reminded me about our sealing and how perfect it was.

After pictures we went out to eat at Wingers, yes Wingers. The ONLY good thing there are the wings. My parents always try something else and are ALWAYS disappointed. Stick to the wings.. I always bounce when I eat those wings; both Kevin and Tyler noticed.

We then drove home and got the food ready for their reception. We did fruit, chicken salad croissant sandwiches and chocolate & caramel dipped pretzels. We then had to drive all the way to Ogden. I mean where the heck is Ogden anyways? I honestly don't think I had ever been to Ogden before. And I don't think I will ever go again. I swear it took us 2 hours to get there. Well, the problem was we willingly listened to Chelseys' new navigator phone app. It probably took us the worst way possible. By the end Hadley and I were DONE being in the car. But we finally did arrive! We got all our food ready and were ready for the party to start. It went very smoothly luckily.

I also cut their wedding cake. My little cousin Megan walked by and went "Malorie, you are kind of awkward.." Totally a Mitchell comment. I just laughed. Hey, it was my first cake-cutting job. I was awkward. But I did it! And I gave people what they really wanted: BIG PIECES.

I love weddings. My favorite parts are watching their first dance, watching them cut the cake, and watching them leave. I love the exits!! I loved ours especially. Lots of our friends and family had stayed to watch us go and my dad gave us a firework show. It rocked. Oh and Kevins brothers tied a frying pan to our car.
So when they walked out and no-one followed out I was like WHHHAAAT!? This is the best part! Their was only a few of us out their while they made their getaway in their old awesome 1940's car. But I sat and waved and smiled and cheered as they drove off to their new life. What an exciting time. Just thinking of it gives me the shivers. I loved our wedding and honeymoon. I could do it over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
So obviously we are so excited for Kaily and Deely to join the married club!! I love love love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment